Card payments safety and mitigating fraud risk regulations for electronic transactions are undergoing continuous changes, so that you benefit from a safe banking experience when using the Internet and Mobile Banking services or when paying with your BCR card.
Starting with September 14th 2019, the provisions of the European Regulation 389/2018 with respect to the technical and regulatory standards for strict customer authentication and to the open, shared and safe communication standards will come into force, an enactment aimed to supplement Directive 2366/2015 regarding payment services (hereinafter referred to as the European Regulation).
What are its effects?
Internet and Mobile Banking
1. You can log in exclusively by using your username and the unique dynamic code generated by eToken (IDentity) application / Token device. Access by using the username and password will no longer be allowed.
2. When you sign the following types of transactions you will need to use the eToken (IDentity) application/ Token device:
- Utilities payments
- Tax payments
- Direct Debit initial setting
1. Entering your PIN code will sometimes be required also in case of purchases smaller than RON 100, if you have made consecutive transactions having an aggregated value of EUR 150 in RON equivalent, without previously entering your PIN.
2. For online payments, in case the value of the transaction is lower than EUR 30, in RON equivalent, you may not be required to enter your 3D Secure code. If the aggregated value of previous transactions without 3D Secure password exceeds the RON equivalent of EUR 100, your 3D Secure password will need to be entered.
* Directive 2366/2015 regarding payment services in the internal market and Regulation 389/2018 regarding technical and regulatory standards for strict customer authentication and open, shared and safe communication standards